Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sista

I tried to come up with a snazzy little ode just for Liz, but I am flat out of anything creative enough to wow the readers (ha!) and capture our friendship. And, I am actually not an odist. A shocker, I know. This is allz I got :)

Between the two of us we have:

Twelve years as best friends.
Eleven trips between TX and MA.
Ten months of living abroad in Australia.
Nine job changes.
Eight times a gazillion hours of laughing.
Seven unique Liz "isms" too "colorful" to post.
Six days of scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef.
Five respectable boyfriends (and a husband too!).
Four trips to Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket.
Three moves.
Two successful jumps out of a plane, ridiculously spoiled dogs, dead cats, awkward naked sunbathing experiences, uncomfortable nights in the pouring rain without a tent (wait, was that just me?!), and gorgeous nieces.
One wireless phone carrier with free in-network minutes. Thank God.

Oh, and a thousand unmentionables.


I like the quote by Thomas Fuller: "A good friend is my nearest relation." Sorta like, "He's my brotha from anotha motha!"

So I guess, Lizzie, that makes you my...

No comments: