Yikes. This morning at the gym I actually paid a small fee to reveal what it is that I’m always trying to hide! I decided that it was time, for better or worse, to see just how much I weigh and what percentage of this weight is actually...fat. Not only that – my basal metabolic rate was calculated, my heart rate and blood pressure were assessed, and various body parts were measured. Oh boy.
I normally steer clear of machines and/or people that test this sort of stuff. Some things are better left unsaid. And some truths are better left untold. Right?!
But, the themes in my life these days center around change and acceptance (wait, isn’t that contradictory?!). Regardless, according to #11 of the Fundamental Truths, fear is the only obstacle to change. So, what exactly is it that I’m afraid of? Afraid of being too fat? Maybe. Afraid of not being healthy? Possibly. Afraid of not being perfect? Definitely.
Lying next to me is a computer print out of everything that is wonderfully not perfect about me.
And I accept that ;)
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A piece of paper is only paper. It reveals nothing about what truly exists inside you. As women, we are so controlled by weight, numbers, fat, worry, anxiety. Beauty is. Truth.Acceptance.
Post a Comment