In preparation for moving, I cleaned out my files yesterday and discovered the following list (I’ve been finding all sorts of hidden treasures). Yes, it’s a little self-helpish, but it’s also poignant and means more to me now than it ever did.
Fundamental Truths
1. The only person you can change is you (thank goodness, ‘cuz I’m a lot of work).
2. The only problem you will have in a given day is you (this one is debatable!).
3. Today is the only day you have (then what am I doing blogging right now?).
4. You can’t change the past (wouldn’t want to).
5. The key to happiness is how much you value yourself (my personal fav).
6. The only way you value yourself is by the repetition of healthy behaviors (bring it on tae bo...I’ll see you this afternoon).
7. Nothing outside yourself will bring you happiness - only joy (although Brutus’ kisses, a class of fine red wine, and Dove chocolate walk the fine line).
8. Have expectations of yourself and not of others (still learning this one).
9. Love of others can only happen if self-love is present (I heart me!).
10. The driving force behind every human being is the sense of feeling that you are loved (‘every human being’ might be a stretch – or have I been watching too many shows like 48 Hours?)
11. Fear is the only obstacle to change (so feel the fear and do it anyway!).
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
am just now getting caught up on your blogs so am reading them out of order and am struck by how often "fear" comes up when I think you of you are one of the most fearless women I know...
Post a Comment