A new chapter in my life is about to begin. Hopefully, this chapter will include financial compensation for a job I love (and the past 3 years of grad school were not in vain!). But before movin' on up, I feel it imperative to record a few of my favorite quotes as an occupational therapy intern. Here are my top five:
1. "My soul wants to trade places with my old body." - A 19-year-old head-injured victim of a car crash.
2. "Come on Linda - you know how I feel about you. Have lunch with me." - Nick, aka 'the perv in 705B.' (For the umpteenth time, I AM NOT LINDA!!)
3. "I've gotten out of bed every day since I've been here and I am not going to do it anymore! I am NEVER getting out of this bed again." - A cranky and unreasonably obstinate patient protesting my request to help him get dressed and washed up for breakfast.
4. "You better stop shaking that thing around me and put it away." - An elderly and quite senile man referring to my ASS!!! (FYI - I was helping a patient walk!)
5.
Me: "Do you remember my name?"
Patient: "Of course I do. It's Nancy."
Me: "And how do you spell Nancy?"
Patient: "R-H-E-A. Nancy."
Given my penchant for changing jobs and cities of residence, it's hard to wrap my head around the idea that I have finally, after 32 years, figured out what I want to be :) But I think I just might have...
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hilarious, as always! I can't wait to hear more about it when you get back to H-town. You know, city of HEAT (I do mean hot!), Helluva good time (pictures to prove it), and hip friends who miss you (no explination needed)!-Kelly
Post a Comment