Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Another Day In Paradise

I am pretty sure that I am in paradise.

Earlier today I thought, "Oh my gawd. I'm in paradise."

Why am I just realizing this? I've been to FL a million times. Apparently I've always been too busy with making to-do lists or planning or running or cleaning or organizing to notice. But the past several days I've made a conscious effort to breathe. Deeply. And to appreciate my surroundings, this visit, and the time I have with my parents. Sure, nagging in the back of my head are the thoughts, "Shit, I need to figure out where I am going to live." And, "Crap, I better start studying for the OT exam." And "F%$#, why did I ever apply for that scholarship that I still have to write?" And, "Lawd, I need a job." (And gosh dang it, I swear too much).

For now, though, I am doing my best to ignore my conscious...and curb the potty talk.

I am also enjoying everything that paradise is throwing my way :) Just take a look:

A Corona moment.

Do it again.

Pink explosion.

Definition of sea green.

It's a hop hop!

1 comment:

KJC said...

Good for you! You've reminded me that I need to slow down and appreciate things a bit more, too... Enjoy it!