In the coming months, a lot will happen. Hopefully, I will pass my OT exam with flying colors. A paper, describing the relationship between our built environment and the country's current obesity epidemic will be written and read (with much adoration) by the UTMB's School of Occupational Therapy. Guidelines for the city of Galveston outlining my ideas for a livable city will be created. A presentation will be given. My name will be officially changed.
But, perhaps most importantly, a new city of residence will be chosen and a job working with brain injured individuals will be secured. And in the process of moving, all that needs to be left behind will be, with little regret or remorse.
The current cities and states on my radar:
Houston, TX
Charlotte, NC
Nashville, TN
Bay Area, CA
Tampa, FL
Denver, CO
Sooo, for now, I'm sitting back, concentrating on writing and studying and enjoying my time left in Galveston. AND, I'm keeping score (on the aforementioned cities). For example, today I received an email from a native Texan. An everything is bigger and better, don't mess with Texas kind of person. This email actually said, "The eyes of Texas are upon you!" Um, what?? Sorry Houston, that's a mark for you. Too many and I'm gonna have to let you go.
Stay tuned.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awwww, there are still a few of us from that dreaded place that you should have fond memories of ;) If not, I may cry. ::sob::
Admittedly, it may have been the email, and not UT's fight song, that left a funny taste in my mouth! I will always, always heart Austin and its peeps :)
Is Atlanta (Shepard Center) on your radar at all? :-) Good weather, low cost of living, "hip" quickly-growing city with lots of culture and active things to do... Sorry, just being selfish!
HOUSTON!! Seriously....we're in need here Rhea!!!XOXO, M
I vote Charlotte, at least then Ben and Kate can have Aunt Eya close by! We miss you terribly!
Post a Comment